Follow ?

*

*

*

*

*

Look.Book

Followers ♥

Tick Tock

Get pretty

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 9, 2015

Things I missed back home.

I literally wrote down a list. Just in case I forget anything. There is going to be way too many and I know it. So for the first time, I prepped pen and notebook in my bag, so I can write things down.
I'm never the kind that likes to record things on my phone if I can write it down, it just feels... more real?


Anyway, I got back to my hometown, Alor Star, at like 8 in the morning, so we went for breakfast at this restaurant that I used to loveee going. It changed so much! The whole restaurant looks different. One thing is the same though, it's semi outdoor and there is no AC.
I'm really glad that it's the morning and it's not burning out yet.

I sat down and ordered the classic breakfast drink for Malaysians, Milo O, how much I miss this!
You are probably thinking,
"milo, you can buy it and make it anywhere."
No, it's not that simple. 
Restaurants always make them in a rush, they never mix them well, and so a big part of the Milo is not melted and stayed at the bottom of your cup. But it's these imperfection that made their way into the holy memoryland and make them so special.

This restaurant, like many other Malaysian kind restaurants, are made up from these individual stalls that sell their own thing. It's almost like a tiny food court. Only these, doesn't follow no rules. They make their food their way, and they all deal with their customers their own way. There is no Health Standard whatsoever, but no one really ever get sick from eating here (maybe a small portion, fine. They just have weak stomach, geez!)

See how they have these colourful plastic basins to wash their equipment and sometimes the food. I don't know about you but a lot of times here, these people are very clean and they simply make the best food. No complains for me! Malaysians do eat everything xD
Did I mentioned how the noodles are less than 5 Ringgit? Exactly.

I never realized how amazing cheap tiny portions could be, I get to try 4 different food in one breakfast!

I also had our infamous Malaysian toast with kaya(egg jam), I can't help but miss it.


Though many are amazing, this is probably one of the best version. I don't know what about it, but it's amazing. It's definitely NOT simply toast, it's THE OldTown Kaya Toast.

Back in my hometown, we also have paddy fields. Beautiful, paddy fields that takes breath away. I never realized that until these days when I don't get to see it that often anymore.


Look at how green they are!
It's so big I can't even see the end of it.
Words can't describe how I feel about this, it is truly something you need to see it with your own eyes.

I never knew, but my country, is quite pretty!
We have amazing view, people, and most importantly, food!

xoxo,
Sher

No comments: